Sunday, April 25, 2010

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, CMC statisticians!

Well slap my butt and call me Shirley! I'm posting about daddy stuff again :) That didn't take long.

I just updated my profile with my college alma mater to show my "industry" listing as "stay at home/parenting." With pride, I might add. I was reminded to do so by a survey I received from CMC. The survey was trying to measure earning potential as a product of whether CMC alumni were active in sports.

Ahem.

For the love of Pete, CMC - can't you think about anything else??? What else do you expect from a college whose Latin motto (crescit cum commercio civitas) can literally be translated as "money makes the world go round"? Those who know CMC know what I'm talking about. Those who know me know why I haven't been too enamored with CMC these past few years.

I checked the CMC alumni directory and found four other male CMC alums who list their "industry" as stay-at-home/parenting. I sense a network in the making.

2 comments:

  1. CMC is Claremont McKenna College in Southern California, a private liberal arts college where political science and economics are the two biggest majors. Check out www.cmc.edu. It has a reputation (albeit somewhat undeservedly) for producing conservative graduates.

    CMC's real issue is a vaguely elitist attitude that says "grow up too fast and take yourself too sersiously." I am Class of 1995 ;)

    ReplyDelete